Dryer Vent Cleaning
If you are concerned about the safety of your dryer or your dryer vent has stayed for long without cleaning, call Air Conditioning Miami today. We have a fully-fledged department that specialize in vent cleaning and maintenance services to ensure your dryer vents are clear of any potentially dangerous lint.
Fire Hazard of Clogged Dyer Vents
According to the statistics from the U.S. Fire Administration, dryers cause about 15,600 building fires across the United States each year. 80% of these fires are as a result of dirty and clogged dryer vents. These fires lead to lose of lives, injuries and millions of money lost in property damage. This can be prevented by regular professional dryer vent cleaning services.
It is therefore of paramount importance to ensure that your dryer vents are inspected and cleaned regularly. Dryer lint is highly flammable and if allowed to buildup, it poses a great risk to your home and family.
Air Quality and Efficiency
Apart from fire hazard, dirty and clogged dryer vents also significantly reduce the efficiency of your dryer as well as the indoor air quality. Clogged vents don’t remove fume and exhaust properly from the dryer and this means your unit has to run longer to dry your clothes. This leads to skyrocketing of power bills meaning you will have to part with more money every month to cater for your energy bills. In addition, when the dryer is not working effectively, it results in increased wear and tear of the dryer. Dryer vent cleaning in Miami is thus an important way to enhance the efficiency of your dryer, minimize the risk of a fire in your home as well as reduce indoor air pollution.
Signs It’s Time to Clean Your Dryer Vents
- Dryer takes more than 45 minutes to dry one load of clothing
- Dryer gets too hot to touch during the drying cycle
- Visible lint on the dryer’s door
- Noticeable dirt on the lint screen after a complete drying cycle
- Clothes have a musty smell after drying
- Dryer stopping from time to time during the drying cycle
- Excess lint left on the clothes after drying
- A burnt smell in the laundry room when the dryer is running
- Laundry room is more humid than normally is
If you notice any of the signs mentioned above, please do yourself a favor and contact Air Conditioning Miami specialists today to schedule a dryer vent cleaning.
Clothes Dryer Dont’s
- Don’t operate your dryer without a lint filter or with one that is loose, clogged or damaged
- Don’t dry anything containing plastic, foam or rubber such as bathroom rugs and tennis shoes in your dryer
- Don’t dry glass fiber materials
- Don’t dry clothes that have come into contact with anything flammable such as gasoline, alcohol and cooking oils
- Don’t leave your dryer running when you go to bed
Clothes Dryer Dos
- Clean the lint filter before and after each drying cycle to remove any lint that may build up with time
- Check the venting system behind the dryer to make sure it is not crushed, restricted or damaged
- Have a covering on the outside wall dampers to prevent them from rain and dirt. However, the covering should not be a cloth or wire screen since these materials can collect debris and clog areas of the dryer vent
- Always ensure that the outdoor vent covering opens when the unit is operating
- Ensure the interior of the dryer as well as the venting system are serviced and cleaned periodically by a professional HVAC contractor
- Replace plastic or coiled-wire foil venting with rigid and non-ribbed metal duct
- Check periodically to make sure debris are not blocking the outside vent
- Make sure the dryer is connected to the power source properly
- Keep the area around your dryer free of flammable items
- If you will be away from home for a long period of time, disconnect the dryer before you leave
Call Dryer Vent Cleaning Experts in Miami
If you want your dryer vents cleaned professionally, call Air Conditioning Miami today. We offer comprehensive dryer vent cleaning in Miami and the surrounding area at very competitive prices.